Published on 26 March 2020
A lot has happened in Australia in such a short time; fires, floods and sickness. Many of us are overwhelmed by the constant changes and messages we are receiving, and it can be stressful trying to navigate and juggle a number of factors, including work, children and health. Let alone trying to get a roll of toilet paper!
Even though we are practicing social distancing and many of us are in isolation, it does not mean we are alone. In the times we are living, the online world has become a great friend!
Many services are offering additional supports specific to the COVID-19 pandemic and many are available 24/7. See the supports below for Kids, Teens and Parents.
- Speak to someone at the Kids Helpline for support around COVID-19, anxiety and keeping calm
- Check out The Brave Program and their tips for beating stress and worries related to COVID-19
- Manuela Molina has created an interactive book for children about Covid-19 that will help break down the myths in an interesting and kid-friendly way
- Online chat with Kids Helpline for support around COVID-19, managing stress and anxiety
- Headspace has great supports for teens, connect with for online chats or even download their mindfulness app
- For tips on reassuring your child, connect with Black Dog Institute
- Check out The Brave Program and their guide on how to support kids in beating stress and worries related to COVID-19
- Beyond Blue has some great links related to support, kids, finance and overall mental health
- Connect with someone at Lifeline to keep your mind healthy
- Head to Health has great ideas on how to centre your mind amongst the chaos
Amongst the chaos, let's keep connecting. Check in with your friends and family and don't be afraid to connect with someone on the other end of the suggested links. Keep healthy!