Published on 23 March 2020
Latest Council update regarding COVID-19
Alert issued 20/03/2020 10:56am
To help reduce the spread of the coronavirus, Council is taking a number of precautionary measures.
In relation to service impacts, we continue to review these daily, with the following Council services currently impacted:
- Temporary closure of Camden, Oran Park & Narellan Libraries effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of community centres and halls;
- Temporary closure of Alan Baker Art Gallery effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of Civic Centre effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of Mount Annan Leisure Centre effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Closure of Camden War Memorial Pool effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Changes have been made to the operation of our animal holding facility which is now operating by appointment only; and
- Temporary closure of Visitor Information Centre.
As a precautionary measure for the safety of our residents, visitors and staff, Council has postponed:
- Seniors Festival events (from now until Wednesday 25 March);
- Youth Week (Wednesday 1 to Thursday 9 April);
- Spring Farm Community Centre Opening (Saturday 4 April);
- Bounce Town and Oran Park Water Play Space Opening (Wednesday 15 April); and
- Paws in the Park (Sunday 3 May).
Council Meeting Cancellation
Based on current advice, the Council Meeting scheduled for next Tuesday 24 March has been cancelled. This is in accordance with Council’s Code of Meeting Practice. Agenda items for the meeting will be postponed to a future meeting.
All other essential services are not impacted at this time.