Finding the type of child care which best suits your child and your family's needs is an important decision. Your decision may be based upon;
- The age and interests of your child
- The hours of care you require
- Whether you work full-time or part-time
- Whether you need regular or occasional care
- The location of the service
- Whether you have a car or need to rely on public transport.
Attending preschools or long day care at least a year before school will place your child in good stead emotionally and socially; supporting them to be independent. However, sometimes preschool may not be an option. Therefore, play based group activities such as supported play groups and library reading groups are great alternatives.
If you are still uncertain about what option is best for you and your family, the Care for Kids quiz may give you some ideas.
To find which centres are within our Camden LGA, you can search via our child care directory.