Celebrate National Families Week in Camden
Living Real, Dreaming Big
National Families Week (15-21 May) is celebrated by thousands of people and organisation's across the country annually, Camden Council included. This week celebrates families in all their diversity and promotes the capacities and resilience of families in creating strong, safe and connected communities. It is a time to celebrate and reflect on the strengths and significance of families.
Did you know...
- 22.4% of the Camden area population are parents and homebuilders
- Between 2016 and 2021, the number of households in Camden with children increased by 8,270 households or 57.7%
- 0-4 year olds make up 9.4% of the Camden population, being much higher than Greater Sydney
Camden Council has put together a program of free and low-cost activities happening across the week for all to get involved with.
- Parent and Carer child safety talk with Police Officer Kylie Marinello
- Family Yoga Session
- Teddy Bear Picnic
- Child Restraint Fitting Day
- Camden Swirls - Tween creative club activity
- Alan Baker Art Gallery Families Week workshop
- Camden Libraries storytimes and families week activities
- Camden Kids Creative Competition
Find full program of activities here Families Week Program 2023