Published on 12 May 2020
National Families Week is celebrated around Australia each year between 15 -21 May. The aim of families week is to celebrate the vital role that families play in Australian society. Here in Camden we know how important families are and value the role they play by working together to support one another. Take the time this week to celebrate how special your family is.
Here are some ways you can celebrate during National Families Week in Camden
- Enjoy a bike ride around the Australian Botanic Garden, Mt Annan;
- Hold a family talent quest;
- Have an arts and craft afternoon;
- Play cards together;
- Do a science project together;
- Create a scavenger hunt indoors;
- Camp in the backyard;
- Join a virtual exercise class;
- Go for a bear hunt, walking through your neighbourhood;
- Build a blanket fort;
- Play hide and seek;
- Read a book; and
- Most importantly, make sure you take care of yourself and your family during this time.
We encourage you to look at the following websites to gain information relating to children and families in our Camden community.
Further information for families, visit our support for families page.